Thread: noob

1. #1 noob 
    hey guys, brand new here and this is probably a stupid question but what weight bb is allowed here at harris field? I saw on the forums 400 fps at.25 so is.25 the limit? Never been, but trying to come this Saturday for the first time! also, whats the rental situation like? Would it be safe to say there would be a gun readily available or not? thanks fellas!

Welcome!

There is no weight limit for BBs. Although I wouldn't use anything under .20 grams (i. e. .12 gram BBs) as those can and will destroy the internals of your gun. The reason we say "400 FPS with.25" is so we know what that FPS is relative to.... if that makes any sense.

Also, it would be a good idea to go to the Introductions sub-forum and introduce yourself, tell everyone a little about yourself, etc. You'll find the community around here to be very welcoming.

Good luck and have fun!

-Scratch
    Primary: KWA SR10

Sidearm: KJW KP05 Hi Capa

Competitive Target Shooter and Classical Fencer

We chrono base on Joules, not necessarily FPS. 400fps with a.25 is about 1.85j, which is the limit. This is about 447fps with a.2, 366fps with a.3, etc.

If you're talking about Harris Field, I typically have rentals available. $20 for the day (Field fee is separate), includes a full highcap and battery.
    Shamelessly plugging my sale thread.
    http://www.maineairsoft.org/showthread.php?5232