Thread: Website Been Hacked?

1. #1 Website Been Hacked? 
    Hey all,

Logging in today I noticed on the google search of "Maine Airsoft" it pulled up this website but Google said it may be hacked. See for yourself. https://www.google.com/search?q=maine+airsoft&oq

I have noticed the first time I click on the link it sends me here. http://filestore72.info/download.php?id=b97881c7 both Chrome and Norton block it. If I go back it will let me on the real website.

Something you may need to fix... thats my.02.
    221Landon, Call sign-Bronco

Primary-Bigger M-4
    Side-arm-Pistol
    Backup/CQB-Smaller M-4

CAP Cadet & Tinkerer

I've been seeing this for months, but only when I go to the site from Google. Typing in the address is fine for me.

Yes, I've been noticing the same problem with this website for since early this year. It's gotten so bad that I've been using facebook more often to advertise our events at Harris Field. Also, I've been linking people to our sister forum site (NEASG linked HERE) instead of this one so that people don't think I'm trying to send them spam. I hope that the new owner of this site will be able to fix the problem before it gets so bad that is becomes unusable!

Yeah, I have also noticed the redirect the first time for a few months but the "this site may be hacked" is a new and concerning thing.

Primary-Bigger M-4
    Side-arm-Pistol
    Backup/CQB-Smaller M-4

CAP Cadet & Tinkerer

The Man Behind the Curtain Community Supporter Jammer's Avatar
    Hi guys. Thanks for letting me know about the redirect issue. I've been having the same problem. I've put in to get the website "verified" with Norton but of course its full of red tape and they're dragging their heels. Will keep you all posted in this thread.

Hi Jammer,
    As of this morning or possibly earlier, Mozilla Firefox started blocking this website as a “Deceptive Site” for everyone who uses their default security settings. It appears that your efforts to get it verified with Norton aren’t doing anything to actually fix the problem. I really don’t want to keep promoting this site and sending people to it when it’s so severely infected by viglink, filestore72, and a growing number of other redirect hacks that I can’t even identify. This has really been going on for way too long and is getting progressively worse. If you know anyone, I urge you to please consider seeking help from someone who’s more knowledgeable; otherwise, I predict that this forum board’s future will be about as short-lived as the trump administration.

The Man Behind the Curtain Community Supporter Jammer's Avatar
    Ok ok. It's time to make Maineairsoft great again.

Joking aside I'm at a loss. I'll get a plan together and figure out what the problem is. This doesn't make sense.

I wonder if it'd be more effective to simply migrate the forums to a new provider - there are a number out there, with slightly more modern features and capabilities as opposed to vb4. Takes the strain of managing the servers away, and would be a great opportunity to tidy up and perhaps provide a more informative front page (not that there's really anything wrong with it, but we're all also familiar with the content layout, etc, whereas a new visitor might feel otherwise)
    Last edited by Carr; 07-09-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carr View Post
    (not that there's really anything wrong with it, but we're all also familiar with the content layout, etc, whereas a new visitor might feel otherwise)

Exactly as I felt when I started here. Actually I'm surprised I was able to get in this far. Usually after a few clicks I can't get any further.
    Primary: KWA SR10

Sidearm: KJW KP05 Hi Capa

Competitive Target Shooter and Classical Fencer

So today when I logged in Google Chrome blocked it as a "deceptive site". So by what has been reported now that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The good news it it no longer says "This website may be hacked" when you look at it on the search engine. Does anyone know anything about how to fix this?

Primary-Bigger M-4
    Side-arm-Pistol
    Backup/CQB-Smaller M-4

CAP Cadet & Tinkerer