Thread: Clock's Retirement

1. #1 Clock's Retirement 
    So, this may or may not come as a shock to some or most. I'm not retiring from the sport so much as I am the team.

No... This isn't me moving to Opfor and for the record they don't want me (favorite target on the field I guess? Who'da thunk?).

For a while now; the better part of last season and this current one I've been dwelling on the thought that our team has been slowly drifting apart for various reasons, to each his own. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with any aspect of that. We have hutch who works out a lot on the ocean a lot.

Rabbit and Chuck both adulting it.

Greg is gone for a most of the season due to his employment.

Both Mule and Tom (Kahuna) will soon be leaving to start the next chapter of their lives. (Mule maybe not so much but Kahuna will be)

Omar practically runs the field (thank the Lord for him; I don't think anyone would know what the field would be today with out him).

I apologize if I didn't name you; but my point is, life has hit us all. There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of these reasons. And I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking me under your wings from that Ghost Team (*CUE UGH!*) so many years ago. You all have molded me into the player that I am today and there's nothing changing that. Rabbit and Hutch are so greatly appreciated for loaning me equipment over the years. To which I'll still take care of!

If I have anyone's equipment and they'd like it back just let me know. I do have a bundle of team patches still I'd like for someone to take custody of however! I just want to cordially part ways because I feel like I'm growing to be more of a free spirit as of late; I don't want anyone to think otherwise. None of you have influenced this decision. It's just time for me to be on my own and not have a name attached. I'll still be out on the fields pretty much most weekends, except for my wedding of course

You all are truly awesome and I just want you guys to know that this wasn't a sudden decision, it's been looming over my head for quite some time now. If you have any questions or I don't know, comments. Feel free to post; but other than that I just wanted to tender my retirement.

Sincerely,
    Ian Clockedile.

-Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect Practice makes Perfect-

Hey Clock, this came as a shock, and I'm feeling a bit sad right now. It's probably going to be difficult for us to think of you as a non-wolf because you've been with the team for so long. Nevertheless, your explanation is understandable and respectable. Even though we sometimes poke a little fun at you, I know that we all think very highly of you as an airsofter an as an all-around great guy! Your friendship and the positive contributions that you make to the field/community are treasured so much that your team status is infinitesimal in comparison. Thank you for letting us know through your candid and thoughtful words. I'll update the Wolfpack roster and site listings accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGO View Post
    Your friendship and the positive contributions that you make to the field/community are treasured so much that your team status is infinitesimal in comparison.
    What I wanted to say, but didn't have the words for. Just make sure you keep coming out to the field so I have someone to learn from :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Thank you to Everyone who contributed to this thread, Execpt Dingo because his post was pointless... Haha

Thanks for everything Clock, it's been really fun. You've contributed a lot to this team and we've been playing together for years and I really hope that can continue in one form or another. I am confident that at the very least we will get at least some time to do so this year and beyond. If we get our shit together again, and you are still looking for a team environment, I hope you will still be running with us when you can.

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, I've been absent as you mentioned. I'd like to just make a brief statement on that for the team's sake.

On that topic, yes you are right, many of us have been pulled from the field in one way or another and it certainly shows. Personally, between my work and personal life it really has affected my attendance. As many of you know, it's been difficult for me after my surgery last year. To be honest most of it has been mental, as it really took a lot of my confidence away in many aspects. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Additionally, I've been on a tight budget because I am looking to get into a mortgage in the foreseeable future. I don't mean to make this about me, but I feel that it's necessary because I'm going to be attempting to re-organize the team. You remaining guys have a right to know that. I feel like this is a decent time to do so, however I'm facing big changes in my life over the next few months. I'm going to have priorities, but this will be a good time because of my mindset in my personal life. I hope that you all will have something to look forward to and feel a part of, as we had in the past. Understandably, many of us have moved on and that is certainly just a part of life. With that said, that doesn't mean the end of our team. A few of us have been talking at the field and we're going to have a whack at restructuring and reforming the team in a reasonable fashion.

I hope that you guys see this and we can start dialogue on this topic. We spoke about another team dinner within the next month, which would be a great idea if you ask me. Some of us need to know well in advance, so we will need to decide on a firm date and stick with it. Standby on that subject.

Again, thank you Clock, and don't hesitate to play alongside us when it's convenient and fun for you. We'll still be seeing you, and you're still welcome at team functions when they occur, of course.

Hoping for better days,

Nate
    Wolfpack - Maine
    NEASG Sniper

Super Moderator & Elite Member Community Supporter Mule's Avatar
    i wish i was able to get out more and play. to be honest ive been contemplating selling my gun and polar star setup and taking a break. i just havent had the time to get out and play this year and honestly i dont know when i will be able to commit time to it again. i feel bad for my absence this season without a doubt.
    Call sign: Mule

Primary(s) P* G&P SR-25
    Secondary/sidearm Elite Force 1911