Thread: Asking for Cheap Options for Axis Uniforms (D-Day 2017)

1. #1 Asking for Cheap Options for Axis Uniforms (D-Day 2017) 
    Hello everyone!

Me and a party of 3 other people (My dad, brother, and best friend) are going to be attending D-Day 2017 this month. We would love to join the German team, but we have one dilemma, uniforms. Given the nature of the field, I have always opted to purchase green and olive colors for my military get-ups. This leaves me with the obvious problem of not having a sufficient amount of clothing that would match the rules of the uniforms belonging to that specific faction. Obviously the solution would be to purchase a new set of gear to match, but I need to spend money for the rest of my squad (batteries, rentals, bbs, etc.). This leaves me light on money for what we need for clothing, so I came here to ask you guys for any clever and cheap options that would let us stand out as one of those team members, but still be combat effective.

I hope to see you all there, and I'm anxious to get some action with my new ppsh!

The Maine Military Supply store is located just east of Bangor in Holden. They might have what you're looking for, and they might have some things on sale. Here's a link: https://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/home.asp
    But, if you already have green/olive camo, then you might just want to sign up with the Allies for D-Day instead of having to buy all new clothing to match the German faction colors.

I'll be sure to check it out, but the people coming with me have their heart set on the German team, so I don't want to let them down by not having the right colors. I'll be sure to check it out.

Thanks!

Hello again!

I have just purchased a uniform, but I would like to make sure it would be alright to wear something like this: 603175-german-flecktarn-jacket-with-flag.jpg and a pair of grey cargo pants. If it isn't adequate, I will just wear something black.

Thanks!

Ultimately, it's up to a majority vote of the other player to determine if your uniform goes better with the Allies versus Germany. Flecktarn is difficult because it was invented after WW2 ended, so it's technically not considered a WW2 German uniform. And, many would argue that the dominant color of flecktarn is more GREEN than tan, brown, grey, or black; therefore, it would be better suited for the Allies according to the dress code of this event. However, wearing the grey cargo pants will be helpful to keep you with the German faction because grey is considered a German color during this op. Sometimes, the crowd can be picky, but I've also seen them be very lenient. If they give you trouble, then we have tan German shoulder tape/patches that I’ve made for you and the others with questionable or modern uniforms. Alternatively, if you decide to wear all black, then they have no reason to give you any trouble because black is clearly listed as a German color for this event. Thanks!

Good to hear, this was honestly the best I could find at the store that would somewhat match the team colors, also it matches my new paintball mask.

Thanks for the fast reply!